- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (2003)
Doctor of Philosophy in Plant Molecular Biology & Biochemistry:
Title of Thesis: Analysis of light and stress responsive DNA topoisomerase II promoter and interacting trans-acting factors from Pisum sativum.
(Research carried out in International Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology and thesis submitted to JNU for the award of Ph.D degree.
- University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
B.Sc. Special Degree in Botany (1996) Second Class Upper Division (Top of the batch)
Title of Dissertation: Effect of some physical parameters on the accumulation of aflatoxin in maize seeds.
Molecular Biology, Biochemistry & Microbiology
- May 2006 to date – Senior Lecturer
Department of Chemistry, University of Colombo
- February, 2011 to February, 2012 – Guest Researcher
Department of Plant and Environmental Science, University of Göteborg, Sweden
- April 2009 to October 2009 – Visiting Lecturer
Department of Chemistry, University of Kelaniya
- April 2009 to date – Visiting Lecturer
Department of Botany, University of Kelaniya
- June, 2004 to May 2006 – Postdoctoral Researcher
CMB- Molecular Biology, University of Göteborg, Sweden
- June , 1998 to May 2004 – Research Officer Agro & Food Technology Division, ITI, Colombo 07, Sri Lanka.
- January 1997 to June 1998 – Demonstrator
Department of Botany, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Applying knowledge gained from studies of Arabidopsis thaliana on the agriculturally important crop rice (Oryza sativa).Light signaling in plants:Light is an important factor for plant growth and development. During my postdoc, I studied a group of Arabidopsis proteins (STO, STH, STH2 & STH3) that were identified through their interactions with two key regulators of light signaling, COP1 and HY5. The productivity of crop plants might be enhanced by over expressing central regulator of light signaling pathways. The main aim of this project is to overexpress the (Salt Tolerance Homolog 2) STH2 gene in rice to improve its quality and productivity.Abiotic stress signaling in plants:The Arabidopsis plants with mutations in the STH2 gene show hypersensitivity to Abscisic acid (ABA), a drought and salt stress regulating hormone, and to NaCl in germination and root growth assay. Furthermore, we have found that the expression of several key regulators of ABA signaling is altered in the sth2 mutant indicating that the STH2 gene plays an important role in response to drought and salinity. The main objective of this project is to apply this knowledge on rice in an effort to obtain drought tolerance Sri Lankan rice varieties.
- 2003 The best poster presentation award, Indian Photobiology Society, India.
- 2000 PhD fellowship award-, International Center for Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology, New Delhi, India.
- 1996 Prof B.L.T.de Silva memorial prize in Botany 1996 (prize for the best performance in special degree program), University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- 1994 Department of Botany staff prize (The highest score in Botany in the first two years examinations among those reading for a special degree programme ), University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- NSF grant RG/ 2007/ BT09 (2007)Title: Light regulated development in plant- translational research in Rice (Oryza sativa)Principal Investigator: G.H Chamari M Hettiarachchi
- SASNET planing Grant (Sweden)Title: Light Regulated development in plantsPrincipal Investigator: Magnus HolmCo- investigators: Sudip Chattopadyaya Chamari Hettiarachchi
- De Silva, T D, Hettiarachchi,, G H C M.(2016) Investigation of an in vitro antimi-crobial activity of Lygodium microphyllum (Cav.) R. Br fronds. Int J Res Pharm Sci. 6 (3) 29-35.
- Ratnayake, R.M.L.K., Jayasekera G A U, Hettiarachchi, G.H.C.M (2016) Over- expression of Arabidopsis BBX 21 gene in Bg 250 rice enhances its architecture and productivity. Int. J Appl. Sci. Biotechnology. Vol 4 (2) 240 -246.
- Thanuja R W N., Perera R P., Hettiarachchi G H C M (2016) Formulation of Green tea polyphenols as solid food supplement. Int. Journal of Adv. in Pharmacy, Biolo-gy and Chemistry. 5 (1) (Jan –March).
- Nilanthi S M L D, Wijayarathna C D, Hettiarachchci G H C M (2015) Investigation of an in vitro antibacterial activity of Angiopteris evecta (Forst) Hoffm. Research & Review: Journal of Chemistry. 4 (3) 47-52.
- Xu, D, Lin F, J Yan, Ling J, Hettiarachchi C, Tellgren-Roth, Holm M, Wei N, Deng X W. (2015) Arabidopsis COP1 SUPPRESSOR 2 Represses COP1 E3 Ubiquitin Lig-ase Activity through Their Coiled-Coil Domains Association, PLOS Genetics. pub-lished 29 Dec 2015 | info:doi/10.1371/journal.pgen.1005747
- Udayakantha, K S M., de Silva, R M., de Silva K M N., Hettiarachchi, C. (2015) Biocompatible nano hydroxyapatite – curcumin bi coated antibacterial activated car-bon for water purification. Royal Society of Chemistry Advances. Published on line 23rd July 2015
- Xu D, Lin F, Jiang Y, Huang X, Li J, Lin J, Hettiarachchi C, Tellgren-Roth C, Holm M and Deng X W. (2014) The Ring- Finger E3 ubiquitin ligase COP1 Suppressor1 negatively regulates COP1 abundance in maintaining COP1 homeostasis in dark grown Arabidopsis seedlings. The Plant Cell. 26 ( 5) 1981-1991
- De Silva W S I, Jayasekara G A U, Fernadopulle N D, Hettiarachchi C. (2014) Identification cloning and insilico characterization of drought inducible OsDREB2A transcription factor from indica rice variety. Int. J of Adv. Biotechnology research, 5 (2) 117 -125.
- Xu, D, Li J, Gangappa,S.N, Hettiarachchi C, Lin F, Andersson M X, Jiang Y ,Deng X W, Holm,M., (2014) Convergence of Light and ABA signaling on the ABI5 pro-moter. PLOS Genetics. published 27 Feb 2014 | in-fo:doi/10.1371/journal.pgen.1004197
- Gangappa,S.N, Crocco,C.D, Datt, S,Hettiarachchi,C. Holm,M, Botto, J.F. (2013)¬¬A HY5 Interacting B-Box Protein, BBX25, Together With BBX24 Negatively Regu-late the Expression of BBX22 to Suppress Seedling Photomorphogenesis in Ara-bidopsis. The Plant Cell, 25 1243-1257
- Jayathissa R,N., Perera, R.P., Hettiarachchi, C., Weerawarna, P.M., (2012) In vitro antibacterial activity of 4 phenyl -1- (2- phenyl- allyl) pyridinium bromide: A novel class of antibacterial compounds. Indian Journal of Microbiology. 52 (1) 83-87
- Ratnayake, R.M.L.K., Hettiarachchi, G.H.C.M., (2010). Development of an efficient Agrobacterium mediated transformation protocol for Sri Lankan rice variety – Bg 250. Journal of Tropical Agricultural Research, 22 (1), 45-53.
- Datta, S., Johansson, H., Hettiarachchi, C., Irigoyen, M.L., Desai, M., Rubio, V., Holm, M., (2008). LZF1/SALT TOLERANCE HOMOLOG, an Arabidopsis B-box protein involved in light dependent development and gene expression, undergoes COP1-mediated ubiquitination. The Plant Cell, 20, 2324-2338.
- Datta, S., Johansson, H., Hettiarachchi, C., Holm, M., (2008) STH2 has 2 B there, An insight into the role of B-box containing protein in Arabidopsis. Plant Signaling & Behavior 3, 547-548.
- Datta, S., Hettiarachchi. C., Johansson, H., Holm, M. (2007) SALT TOLERANCE HOMOLOG 2 (STH2), a B- box protein in Arabidopsis that activates transcription and positively regulates light mediated development. The Plant Cell, 19, 3242-3255.
- Sibout, R., Sukumar, P., Hettiarachchi, C., Holm, M., Munday, G.K., Hardtke, C.S. (2006) Double mutant phenotypes reveal a pivotal role of Arabidopsis HY5 and HYH in controlling auxin signaling homeostasis in embryogenesis and seedling development. PLOS Genetics, 2, 1898-1911
- Datta, S., Hettiarachchi, G.H.C.M., Deng, X-W., Holm, M. (2006) Identification of CONSTANS Like 3 (COL3) as a positive regulator of red light signaling and root growth. The Plant Cell , 18, 70-84.
- Hettiarachchi, G.H.C.M., Reddy M.K, Sopory, S.K., Chattopadhyay S. (2005) Regulation of TOP2 by various abiotic stresses including cold and salinity in pea and transgenic tobacco plants. Plant and Cell Physiology, 46(7), 1154 –1160.
- Hettiarachchi, G.H.C.M., Yadav, V., Reddy, M.K., Chattopadhyay, S., Sopory, S.K. (2003). Light mediated regulation defines a minimal promoter region of TOP2. Nucleic Acid Res, 31, 5256-5265.
- Hettiarachchi, G.H.C.M., Gooneratne, J., Hirimburegama, W.K. (2001). Effect of initial moisture content and relative humidity on the accumulation of aflatoxin in maize grains (Zea mays) during storage. J of NSF, Sri Lanka, 29, 29-33.
- Jayawardana, S. A. S., Samarasekera, J. K. R. R., Hettiarachchi, G. H. C. M., and Gooneratne, J.(2016) In vitro antioxidant properties of Sri Lankan Figer millet (El-eusine coracana) varieties, proceeding of 3rd International Conference on Multidis-ciplinary approaches, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, pp 34.
- Divisekera D.M.W.D. Samarasekera J.K.R.R. Maduwanthi S.D.T. Hettiarachchi C. Gooneratne J. Gopalakrishnan S. (2016) Survival of Lactic Acid Bacteria isolated from Sri Lankan finger millet variety. Proceedings of the 36th Annual sessions of Institute of Biology; pp 29
- Rajapakse, R.V.D.U.P., Hettiarachchi, C., Dassanayake, R.S., (2016) Molecular identification of root-knot nematode Meloidogyne arenaria on tomato in Sri Lanka (Abstract) Proceedings of Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science 2016-submitted and accepted.
- Rajapakse R.V.D.U.P, Hettiarachchi C , Dassanayake R S (2016) Molecular identifi-cation of root knot nematode Meloidogyne enterolobii from infected tomato (Lyco-persicon esculentum) plants. Annual Research Symposium 2016, University of Co-lombo, Sri Lanka.
- Kumarasiri A D A H, De Silva H I C, Hettiarachchi, C (2016) Formulation and eval-uation of antibacterial polyhedral ointments using Asparagus gonoclados, Cyperus brevifolius and Psidium guajava.
- Pathirana S. N. J, Hettiarachchi G. H. C.M, Nanayakkara C.M., Rajapakse R. G. S. C. and Chandrasekharan N. V. (2016). Isolation and characterization of Restriction Enzymes from Sri Lanka. Proceedings of the 16th annual session of Science Council of Asia, pg. 170
- Jayawardana, S. A. S., Samarasekera, J. K. R. R., Hettiarachchi, G. H. C. M., Ja-been A, Choudhary M I and Gooneratne, J. (2016) Anti inflammatory effect of finger millet (Eleusine coracana) varieties of Sri Lankan on Zymosan induced oxidative burst in phagocytes. Proceedings of 9th International Research Conference, General Sir John Kotelawala Defense University, pp. 214.
- Rajendran S, Mohotti S, Muhammad T, Burman R, Stromstedt A A, de Silva E D, Hettiarachi C M, Gunasekera S (2016) Cyclotides distribution and bio activities of Geophila herbaceae. International Conference on Bioscience and Biotechnology p7, published on line http://bioscienceconference.com/2016
- Jayawardana, S. A. S., Samarasekera, J. K. R. R., Hettiarachchi, G. H. C. M., and Gooneratne, J. (2016) Nutritional composition of Sri Lankan Finger millet (Eleusine coracana) varieties, Proceedings of 3rd Ruhuna International Science and Technology conference, University of Ruhuna, pp. 49.
- Jayawardana, S. A. S., Samarasekera, J. K. R. R., Hettiarachchi, G. H. C. M., Gooneratne, J., Datta Mazumdar, S. and Banerjee, R. (2015) In-vitro Starch Digesti-bility, Resistant Starch and Amylose contents of Sri Lankan Finger Millet (Eleusine Coracana) varieties, Proceedings of 8th International Research Conference, General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University, pp. 171.
- Jayawardana, S. A. S., Samarasekera, J. K. R. R., Gooneratne, J. and Hettiarachchi, C. (2015) Arabinoxylans contents of Sri Lankan Finger Millet (Eleusine coracana) varieties, Proceedings of 71st Annual Sessions, Sri Lanka Association for the Ad-vancement of Science, pp. 110.
- Rajendran S, Mohotti S, Muhammad T, Burman R, Stromstedt A A, de Silva E D, Hettiarachi C M, Gunasekera S (2015), The search for new antimicrobial compounds from Sri Lankan medicinal plants. Nordic natural product conference, Gotland. P 103. Published on line http://www.fkog.uu.se/nnpc/NNPC2015-abstractbook.pdf
- Rajapakse R V D U P, Hettiarachchi C., Dassanayake R S (2015) Molecular identi-fication of root knot nematodes (Meloidogyne species) in Sri Lanka. Pro Sri Lanka Asso. Advmt Sci, 71st , Abstract 411/D Oral presentation
- Kirushanthy K., Chandrasekaran N V., Hettiarachchi C., Wijeundrara W S S. (2015) Cloning and characterization of high molecular weight glutenin genes from Triticum astivum cultivar dacke to develop wheat like rice. Pro Sri Lanka Asso. Advmt Sci, 71st , Abstract 921/D Poster presentation
- Pathirana S N J., Rajapakse R G S C., Nanayakkara C M., Hettiarachchi G H C M., Chandrasekaran N V (2015) Screening of bacteria for restriction enzyme. Pro Sri Lanka Asso. Advmt Sci, 71st , Abstract 939/E2 Poster presentation
- Divisekera,D.M.W.D.,Samarasekera,J.K.R.R.,Hettiarachchi,C.,Gooneratne,J., Gopa-lakrishnan, S., Isolation and Characterization of probiotics from Sri Lankan finger millet (Elucine coracana) Proceedings of 12th Asian Congress of Nutrition , Yoko-hama ,Japan.2015 . Oral Presentation
- Divisekera,D.M.W.D.,Samarasekera,J.K.R.R.,Hettiarachchi,C.,Gooneratne,J., Gopa-lakrishnan, S., (2015) Isolation and Characterization of probiotic “Pediococcus acidi-lactici” from Sri Lankan finger millet variety(Elucine coracana) 44th Annual session of. Institute of chemistry.
- Divisekera D.M.W.D., Samarasekera J.K.R.R., Hettiarachchi C., Gooneratne J., Gpalakrishnan S. (2014) .Isolation and Characterization of probiotic “Lactococcus lactis” from Sri Lankan finger millet variety (Elucine coracana) Proceeding of the 2nd International conference of Ayurveda, Sidda, Unani and traditional Medicine, Sri Lanka , pp150
- De Silva T D, Hettiarachchi G H C M (2014) Lygodium microphyllum: A potential antifungal source. 15th Tetrahedron Symposium Asian Edition. Abstract P3.58.
- Jayasundara U. C. Hettiarachchi G H C M (2014). Phytochemical Screening and Preliminary Assays on the Antimicrobial Activity of Pavetta blanda and Ixora coc-cinea Crude. 34th Annual session, IOB Sri Lanka. Abstract No 1-05.
- de Silva T D, Hettiarachchi G H C M (2014). Preliminary investigation of antimi-crobial activity of Lygodium microphyllum crude extracts. 34th Annual session, IOB Sri Lanka. Abstract No 3-04.
- Bandara K.G.W.W., Perera M.D.H., Hettiarachchi G.H.C.M., Chandrasekharan N.V. Senaratne S.G.(2014) Molecular cloning of rice endosperm specific globulin promoter and the 5’ untranslated region. Pro. of the Peradeniya Univ. International Research Sessions, Sri Lanka, Vol. 18. Oral Presentation
- Perera R P, Hettiarachchi G H C M, Liyanage V N P (2013) Comparative analysis of the uptake mechanism of a noval class of VMAT inhibitors with bacterial cell. Int. Research Conference, IHRA, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Rajapaksha, R. V. D U. P., and Hettiarachchi, C., (2013) Overexpression of Arabidopsis STH2 gene in transgenic rice Bg 250 enhances its productivity in T0 generation. Pro Sri Lanka Asso. Advmt Sci, 69, Abstract 417/D Oral presentation
- Panchanatha K., Chandrasekaran N V., Hettiarachchi C M., Wijesundara, W S S., (2013) Characterization of low molecular weight glutenin genes from wheat Triticum. Pro Sri Lanka Asso. Advmt Sci, 69, Abstract 445/D. Oral presentation
- Perera, M.N.N., Weerasinghe, S., Hettiarachchi, C., (2013) Investigation of some properties of compounds extracted from Pouteria campechiana (lavulu) fruit and seed. Annual Research Symposium, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka. Oral presentation
- Nilanthi, S.M.L.D., Wijayarathna, C.D., Hettiarachchi, G.H.C.M. (2012) Angiopteris evecta (frost.) Hoffm: a potential source for antibacterial activity. pg 303. Annual Research Symposium, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka. Oral presentation
- Panchanatha, K., Chandrasekaran, N.V., Wijesundara, W.S.S., Hettiarachchi, G.H.C.M., (2012) A gliadin pseudogene from wheat. Pro Sri Lanka Asso. Advmt Sci, 68, Abstract Oral presentation
- Jayakody, J.P.T., Somarathne, M.B.C.L., Panchanathan, K., Hettiarachchi, C., Wijesundara, R.L.C., Chandrasekaran., N.V. (2012) Cloning of a chitinase from Trichoderma viride for the development of transgenic plants resistant to fungal diseases. Pro Sri Lanka Asso. Advmt Sci, 68, Abstract Oral presentation
- Xu D, Gangappa S, Li, F., Hettiarachchi, C., Andersson, M., Holm, M (2012). BBX21 in croostalk between light and ABA signaling. ICAR symposium, Vienna, Austria.
- Withanage,M.N ,Sirimanne C.T, Hettiarachchi, G.H.C.M (2011) ‘Effect of a plant vitamin on spinach’ accepted for publication at the 67th Annual Sessions of the Sri Lankan Association for the Advancement of Science, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Perera, N.; Sirimanne, C.; Hettiarachchi, C. (2011)“ Effect of a plant vitamin on the growth of the tomato plant (Lycopersicon esculentum)” Annual Research Symposium, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Ratnayake, R.M.L.K., Hettiarachchi, G.H.C.M., (2010) In vitro plant regeneration of indica rice varieties: Bg 250 and Bg 360. Annual Research Symposium, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Nilaweera T.D., Jayasekara, N. S., Hettiarachchi, G.H.C.M., (2009). Preliminary RAPD- PCR studies on six Sri Lankan traditional varieties of Oryza sativa L. Pro Sri Lanka Asso. Advmt Sci, 65, Abstract (Part I) 71. Oral presentation
- Kumari, T.G.K., Hettiarachchi. G.H.C.M., (2009). Cloning of STH3 gene in pACMBIA 1303 vector. Pro Sri Lanka Asso. Advmt Sci, 65, Abstract (Part I) 212. Poster
- Luxshani. T., Jayasekara, N.S., Hettiarachchi. G.H.C.M., (2009). Population variation of the whitefly Bemisia tabaci using RAPD –PCR. Pro Sri Lanka Asso. Advmt Sci, 65, Abstract (Part I), 214. Poster
- Abeywardana, T.J., Ratnayake, R.M.L.K, Hettiarachchi, G.H.C.M.. (2008) Cloning of STH2 gene, to transform Bg 360 and Bg 250 Sri Lankan rice varieties. Pro Sri Lanka Asso. Advmt Sci, 64 (1) 173. Oral presentation
- Liyanage ,V.N.P., Ratnayake, R.M.L.K, Hettiarachchi, C., Perera, R.P., (2008) Study of interactions of a novel class of vesicular monoamine inhibitors with bacterial cells to investigate the uptake mechanism. Pro Sri Lanka Asso. Advmt Sci, 64 (1) Poster.
- Johansson, H, Datta, S, Hettiarachchi, C., Holm, M. (2008). STO and STH1 interacts with both COP1 and HY5 to regulate photomorhogenesis. Abstract. 19th International conference on Arabidopsis research. Montreal, Canada
- Holm, M., Johansson, H., Hettiarachchi.C., Datta, S. (2007) HY5 interacting B-box proteins are members of a novel class of transcription factors and regulate plant growth and development. Abstract. 18th International conference on Arabidopsis research. Beijing, China.
- Hettiarachchi, C., Datta, S, Holm, M. (2006) HY5 interacting B-box proteins are members of a novel class of transcription factors and regulate plant growth and development. Abstract. International Photo Biology meeting, France. Oral Presentation
- Hettiarachchi, C, Datta, S, Holm, M. (2005) Characterization of HY5 interacting B-box proteins that regulate plant growth and development. Abstract, 5th Workshop in the Nordic Arabidopsis Network, Denmark. Oral presentation
- Hettiarachchi, C, Datta, S, Holm, M. (2005) Characterization of HY5 interacting B-box proteins that regulate plant growth and development. Abstract, 16th International Conference on Arabidopsis Research, Madison, USA, Poster presentation
- Hettiarachchi, G.H.C.M, Gooneratne J., Hirimburegama W.K. (1997) Influence of relative humidity and initial moisture content on accumulation of aflatoxins in maize seeds. Pro Sri Lanka Asso. Advmt Sci 53 (1) 113.
- Gooneratne J., Jayawardana S.N., Hettiarachchi G.H.C.M. ., Chandrakumara W.A.D.S., Wijetilake L.C. (1997) Effect of field conditions on the pre-harvest contamination of aflatoxin producing organisms in maize during “Yala” 1996 and “Maha” 96/97. Pro Sri Lanka Asso. Advmt Sci. 53 (1) 114.
INVOLVEMENTS OF OTHER ORGANIZATIONS:
- Life member of Sri Lanka Institute of Biology
- Life member of Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science (SLAAS)
- Member of Sri Lanka Association for Improving Higher Education Effectiveness (SLAIHEE)
- Member of the General Research Committee (2004), Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science (SLAAS)
- Member of section D (Botany & Agriculture), the Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science (SLAAS) (2003 – 2004) & (2010 – 2011)
- Visiting lecturer for the Department of Chemical Engineering and Processing, University of Moratuwa, Department of Botany, University of Kelaniya and Institute of Chemistry, Sri Lanka
- visiting lecturer for the M.Sc programme in Applied Organic Chemistry, conducted by Department of Chemistry, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Research supervisor for M.Sc students in M.Sc in Biotechnology conducted by Post Graduate Institute of Science and Post Graduate Institute of Agriculture, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
- M.Phil research project titled “Light regulated development in plants- translation-al research in Oryza sativa”. (2012) RMLK Rathnayaka, Completed.
- M.Sc research project titled “In vitro plant regeneration by organogenesis on cal-lus Induced from mature embryos of Bg-360 Sri-Lankan rice Variety and cloning of STH2 gene to transform Bg-360, (2009) R.M.L.K.Rathnayake; Completed
- M.Sc. research project titled “ Synthesis of the novel type of 4 phenyl -1- (2- phenylallyl) pyridinium bromide as an antibacterial agent”.(2010), R.N.Jayathissa. Completed.
- M.Sc. research project titled “Characterization and quantification of polyphenloic compounds in refused tea”. (2011) K.N.Kodagoda, Completed
- M.Sc. research titled “Callus induction, plant regeneration and Agrobacterium mediated transformation of Bg 250 Sri Lankan rice variety”.(2011) P.U.Abeyawicrama. Completed
- M.Sc. research titled “ Development of high performance liquid chromatography assay methods for cetirizine and loratadine in syrups”. (2011) A.F.Mashoora, Completed
- M.Sc. research project titled “Environmental thresholds for phosphorus saturation in Rambutan cultivation area Dompe in Gampaha District” (2012). V.K.Peris, Completed
- M.Sc research project titled “ Synthesis of the novel type of phenyl acridine and pyridine derivatives as an antifungal agent” (2012). I.N.D. Warnakulasuriya, Completed
- M.Sc research project titled “Investigation of antimicrobial properties of a selected pteridophyte species, (2014) Ms. S.M.L.D. Nilanthi, Completed
- M.Sc research project titled “Ethanopharmacological screening of plants in fami ly Rubiaceae”. (2014) Ms.U.C. Jayasundara; Completed
- M.Sc in project titled “Investigation of antimicrobial properties of Lygodium mi crophyllum” (2014) Ms. T. D. de Silva, Completed
- M.Sc project titled. “Isolation of bioactive compounds from endophytic fungi of Crot alaria verrucosa” M D Wakwell (2016). Completed
- M.Sc research project titled “Antimicrobial screening of medicinal plants in family Fabaceae”. R A D B Randeniya. (2017) Completed
- Coordinator M.Sc in Applied Organic Chemistry (2012 to date)
- Co-Director Career Guidance Unit, Faculty of Science, University of Colombo (2014 to
- Faculty Coordinator EC 2001 and 3001 (2010 –to date)
- Student Counselor, Faculty of Science, University of Colombo (2010 – 2011)
- Career Counselor, Faculty of Science, University of Colombo. (2013 – 2016)
- Academic warden of student’s House Maharagama Rd, Boralasgamuwa (2012 – 2013)
- Academic warden of Navinna Female Students House (2013-2014)
- Academic warden of Thelawala Girl’s hostel (2014 )