Procedure to be followed in Method Development and Consultation upon Industrial Request
- Coordinator should be contacted on the required consultation/method development, followed up with a detailed written request to the Head of the Department (fax, hand delivery, e-mail or by post)
- Meetings with the academic staff members should be by prior appointment through the coordinator (in the event of not been able to be present for the meetings, both parties should take the responsibility of notifying the coordinator at least 24 hrs in advance)
- An agreement letter would be issued by the Department for the consultation/method development undertaken.
- Agreement letters will be approved and signed by the Head of the Department. In the case of long term method development/consultation projects, the agreement letter will also be approved by the Dean of the Faculty of Science and the Vice Chancellor of the University of Colombo.
- Payments will be decided on after the preliminary round of discussion. An advance payment will be required.
- Payments should be made only by cheque, written in favor of “University of Colombo”. Cheques could be handed over to the Chemistry Departmental office during office hours, M-F from 8.30 am-12.00 noon (morning) and 1.00 pm-4.00 pm (afternoon).
- An acknowledgement letter would be issued immediately on payment by the Department for the method development/consultation undertaken, until the formal receipt is issued by the University (Department will notify the industry when formal receipt is ready to be picked up. After 7 days of notice receipts will be mailed to the industry at the address provided).
- Payments are non refundable.
- Original of the acknowledgement letter/receipt should be produced and the balance payment should be made, when collecting the report from the coordinator.
- The original report will be faxed or mailed only upon request by the industry.
*** Please note that all correspondence with regard to the Industrial Services would be treated as strictly confidential