Procedure to be followed in Analyzing Samples upon Industrial Request
- Coordinator should be contacted, on the required analysis, followed by a written request to the Head of the Department (fax, hand delivery, e-mail or by post).
- An agreement letter would be issued by the Department for analysis undertaken.
- Agreement letters will be approved and signed by the Head of the Department. In the case of long term analysis projects, the agreement letter will also be approved by the Dean of the Faculty of Science and the Vice Chancellor of the University of Colombo.
- 50% of the payment will be required in advance.
- Payments should be made only by cheque, written in favor of “University of Colombo”. Cheques could be handed over to the Chemistry Departmental office during office hours M-F from 8.30 am-12.00 noon (morning) and pm-4.00 pm (afternoon).
- An acknowledgement letter would be issued immediately on payment, by the Department for the analysis undertaken, until the formal receipt is issued by the University (Department will notify the industry when formal receipt is ready to be picked up. After 7 days of notice, receipts will be mailed to the industry at the address provided).
- Payments are non refundable.
- Samples should be handed over in person to the coordinator or Head of the Department.
- Acknowledgement letter/receipt should be produced and the balance payment should be made, when collecting the report, from the coordinator.
- The original report will be faxed or mailed only upon request by the industry.
- Special discounted rates would be available to those industries that sponsor equipment:
- Maintenance cost for all sponsored equipment will be entirely borne by the Chemistry Department.
- Analysis of interest would be done Free of Charge for the first 12 months.
- Further discounts will be offered in succeeding years arrived at after mutual agreement.
- For all other analyses a 25% discount would be offered for 5 years.
** Please note that meetings with the university authorities will only be by prior appointment.