Prof. Chandana Jayaratne
Department of Physics,
University of Colombo,
Work Phone: +94 11 215 8357
Work Fax: +94 11 258 4777
- Ph.D. Atmospheric Physics -1992 (Uppsala University)
- B.Sc ( Physics Special )
Fields of Specialization & Research Interests
- Atmospheric Physics (mainly the fair weather and thunderstrom electricity research)
- Lightning Physics
- The Polarity of thunderclouds observed in Sri Lanka, K.P.C.Jayaratne & A.G.Dayananda, Proc. Assoc. Advmt.Sci., El-36,323,Matara,Dec.1997.
- Multiplicty of Negative Return strkes of lightning flashes observed in Colombo, G.A.C.Gomes and K.P.C.Jayaratne,Prof. Sri Lanka Assoc.Advmt.Sci., El-37,324, Matara, Dec. 1997
- Measurement of space chare dencity over flat ground in nearly neutral stratified atmospheric surface layer. R.Lelwala,S.Israelsson and K.P.C.Jayaratne, Journal of Atmospheric Electricity, 17(2) 59-68, 1997.
- Comprison of preliminary breakdown pulses observed in Sweden in the temperate regions and that in Sri Lanka in the tropics, Chandima Gomes, Vernon Cooray and Chandan Jayaratne, Proc. 10 th Int. Symposium on High Voltage Engineering, OSAKA,jAPAN, 237-240, August 1997.
- Astronomy in Sri Lanka, K.P.C.Jayaratne & G.H.P. Dharmaratne, Seminars of the United Nations Progammes on Space Applications – Selected Papers on space science Education, Remote Sensine and small satellites, 8,95-98, United Nations, 1997.
- Spectrometric study of stars using ACCIMT telescope. J Adasuriya, K P S C Jayaratne and S Gunasekara. SLAAS, Proc. 58th Annual Session, Sri Lanka, 2002
- Spectrometric study of Galaxies and Nebulas. I L P Indika, K P S C Jayaratne and N I Medagangoda. SLAAS, Proc. 58th Annual Session, Sri Lanka, 2002
- The study on variation of the productivity of tea lands in the different agro-ecological regions in Sri Lanka, M.K.S.L.D. Amarathunga, M.A. Wijeratne, and K.P.S.C. Jayaratne, SLAAS, Proc. 56th Annual Session, Sri Lanka, 2000
- On the accuracy of locating lightning ground flashes using two or more direction finding stations, D.U.J. Sonnadara, I.M.K. Fernando, S. Namasivayam, K.P.S.C. Jayaratne, K.R.A. Bandara, R. Lelwala, A.B. Weerasekera, C. Gomes, T.R. Ariyaratne, SLAAS, Proc. 55th Annual Session, Sri Lanka E1 (1999) 187.
- Effects of ambient temperature and evaporation on yield of tea in Sri Lanka, M K S L D Amarathunga, K. P. S. C. Jayaratne and M A Wijeratne, Proc. Sri Lanka Assoc. Advmt. Sci., B.81, 99-100, Dec.1999.
- Variation of soil degradation in tea lands and its impact on bush debilitation, M K S L D Amarathunga, M A Wijeratne and K. P. S. C. Jayaratne, Proc. Sri Lanka Assoc. Advmt. Sci., B.82, 100-101, Dec.1999.
- The effect of edaphic factors on yield of tea in Sri Lanka, M K S L D Amarathunga, M A Wijeratne and K. P. S. C. Jayaratne, Proc. Sri Lanka Assoc. Advmt. Sci., B.29, 54, Dec.1999.
- Effect Of Wind on Horizontal Wire Antenna Collecting Atmospheric Air-Earth Current, R. Lelwala, T. Tuomi, S. Israelsson, K.P.S.C. Jayaratne, Proc. ICAE’99 610-613, Alabama, USA (1999).