Our department offers the opportunity for scientists, engineers and researchers in local companies to meet with our academic staff in an informal setting. We are interested in hearing about technical problems in applied statistics, optimization and related fields. This introduction might lead to ongoing consulting arrangements or membership in our department.
Ongoing Consulting Services
Past Consulting Services
SriLankan Airlines project for customer satisfaction of services offered by SriLankan.
- Year: 2010
- Location: Sri Lanka
- Client: SriLankan Air Lines
- Consultant : Dr. Dilhari Attygalle (Team Leader/Senior Statistician)
- Activities performed : Designing Questionnaires and Planning the Survey, Data Analysis and Report Writing.
- Main project features: The project requires investigating the current status of SriLankan Airlines service standards and identifies services that can be enhanced to attract new customers and improve customer retention through improved customer satisfaction. The team requires carrying out appropriate studies to capture all services and service points of SriLankan Airlines customers. A comprehensive report based on the SriLankan customer services with recommendations must be submitted as the final product of the survey.
Baseline Study on 22,000 University Entrants 2012
- Year: 2012- 20113
- Location: University of Colombo and Ministry of Higher Education
- Client: Ministry of Higher Education.
- Consultant : Mr. Anjana Bandara (Coordinator/Senior Statistician)
- Activities performed: Overall coordination, Designing Questionnaires and Planning the Survey, Data Analysis.
- Main project features: This Study was based on the leadership and positive thinking training program, conducted as part of the undergraduate orientation program in 2012. This study was carried out to gain the perceptions of university entrants regarding the leadership program and also to carry out a comprehensive analysis on approximately 20,000 university entrants in order to identify various aspects such as Education level, Background, Ambitions and University Perceptions. The study was carried out by the Department of Statistics (UOC), Theekshana (UCSC) and the Ministry of Higher Education (Sri Lanka).