Offered by the Department of Physics
Main objective of the BSc (External) in Electronics and Automation Technologies degree programme is to provide key analytical and technical competencies through the study of essentials in Electronics and Information Technology with the emphasis on the automation aspects via integration of electronics and computing. This is a fast track programme designed for those who already work or for those seek careers in electronics industry.
GCE Advanced Level Examination (local) – Three passes in one sitting in Physics Stream (Preference will be given to those who have done Mathematics)
GCE Advanced Level Examination (local) – Three passes in one sitting in Technology Stream (Preference will be given to those who have done Engineering Technology and Science for Technology)
Any other equivalent academic/professional qualification acceptable to the faculty and the senate (eg: London A/L, City and Guilds, HNDE, etc. )
For Sri Lankan Students - LKR 200,000/- per year
For International Students - USD 1,000/- per year
For Sri Lankan coming from a foreign territory – 25% discount from USD 1000/- per year
Application Fee: LKR 3,000/-
*The course fee cannot be paid as installments
Dates to be remembered
For selected students for the 2023 intake visit the Help Desk [https://sites.google.com/sci.cmb.ac.lk/eat-help-desk/home]
- Calling online application for the 2023 intake: August 01, 2022
- Application deadline for the 2023 intake:
September 30, 2022 October 10, 2022
- Interviews for the 2023 intake:
October 16, 2022
- Final list of the 2023 intake:
October 30, 2022
- Payment deadline: November 30, 2022
- Intensive English/Mathematics programme at NPLT 3rd Floor, Department of Physics
- 06th November 2022 (09.00am to 04.00pm)
- 13th November 2022 (09.00am to 04.00pm)
- 20th November 2022 (09.00am to 04.00pm)
- 27th November 2022 (09.00am to 04.00pm)
- 04th December 2022 (09.00am to 04.00pm)
- 18th December 2022 (09.00am to 04.00pm)
- Registration of 2023 intake at CCUC: December 10th & 11th, 2022
- Inauguration of the program for 2023 intake: January 15th, 2023 (Tentative)
- Commencement of the program for 2023 intake: January 29th, 2023 (Tentative)
Subscribe to the mailing list
Applications for 2023 is closed now. You could submit your details to our mailing list in order to get notified when call for applications for 2024. Please note that this is just adding your details to the mailing list only. The applications for the next intake will be called August 2023.
For the 2024 intake
- Calling online application for the 2024 intake: August 01, 2023
- Application deadline for the 2024 intake: September 30, 2023
- Interviews for the 2024 intake: October 16, 2023
- Releasing the final list of the 2024 intake: October 30, 2023
- Registration of 2024 intake at CCUC: December 2023
- Inauguration of the program for 2024 intake: January 2024
- Commencement of the program for 2024 intake: January 2024
The duration of each BSc programme will be 3 years. At each year, the programme is conducted over 2 semesters of 20 weeks. The courses are offered during weekends (Sunday). However, in conducting examinations attendance may be necessary during a few Saturdays.
Programme in a nutshell
A Multidisciplinary Degree Involving
- Comprehensive knowledge in Electronics
- Fundamentals of Physics principles
- Essentials in Mathematics/ Statistics
- Computer Programming
- Knowledge in English Language
BSc in Electronics and Automation Technologies will be completed in three years (90 Credits / SLQF Level 5) and it consists of three levels.
- LEVEL I: Diploma in Electronics and Automation Technologies (30 Credits)
- LEVEL II: Advanced Diploma in Electronics and Automation Technologies (60 Credits)
- LEVEL III: BSc in Electronics and Automation Technologies (90 Credits)
More details and set of courses can be found in the course catalogue.
Mode of Learning
Since Electronics and Computing are practical subjects, the highest priority will be given for providing a thorough practical knowledge to the students. Most of the courses are designed in such a way focussing hands-on sessions. All the courses will be managed through the Learning Management System (EDP_LMS) for enhancing the learning experience. Each student will be allowed to access lecture materials and learning activities maintained on the EDP_LMS. Additional online discussion classes will be held at regular intervals for students to interact with the lecturers.
The theory course modules will be evaluated through written examinations and/or assignments where appropriate. Laboratory course modules will be evaluated by assignments and/or semester-end examinations. In some instances, course units may require a mixed-mode evaluation including continuous assessments.
Level Certificates/ Diploma/ Advanced Diploma and Degree awarding criteria can be found under the Degree-Awarding criteria.
Further information regarding the Programme can be obtained by contacting the programme coordinator
Contact details of the programme coordinator are as follows.
Coordinator/Examinations and staff affairs
Coordinator/Student affairs and QA
Coordinator/Result and Learning resources
Mr. Kamal Dissanayake
Phone: 011-702 1520 (During office hours)
Miss. Sivaranjei Thambipillai
Mr. Amal Pattividana
Mr. Gayan Akmeemana