Offered by the Department of Physics
Main objective of the BSc (External) in Electronics and Automation Technologies degree programme is to provide key analytical and technical competencies through the study of essentials in Electronics and Information Technology with the emphasis on the automation aspects via integration of electronics and computing.
This is a fast track programme designed for those who already work or for those seek careers in electronics industry.
G.C.E. Advanced Level Examination (New syllabus) – Three passes including Physics and preferably Combined Mathematics as a subject.
G.C.E. Advanced Level Examination (Old syllabus) – Three passes including Physics and preferably Applied Mathematics as a subject.
Any other equivalent professional qualification acceptable to the faculty and the senate.
Application Fee: LKR 1,500/-
Course Fee: 160,000/- per year
*The course fee cannot be paid as installments. However, our students are eligible for a student loan which can be obtained from the Thunmulla Branch of Bank of Ceylon. Please contact them for more information.
Dates to be remembered
- Activate online application for the 2022 intake: September 01st, 2021 (Tentative)
- Application deadline for the 2022 intake: September 30th, 2021 (Tentative)
- Interviews for the 2022 intake: November 07th, 2021 (Tentative)
- Final list of the 2022 intake: November 2021 (Tentative)
- Payment deadline: December 31st, 2021
- Registration of 2022 intake at CCUC: January 8th & 9th, 2022
- Inauguration of the program for 2022 intake: January 23rd, 2022
- Commencement of the program for 2022 intake: January 30th, 2022
Subscribe to the mailing list
Applications for 2021 is closed now. You could submit your details to our mailing list in order to get notified when call for applications for 2022. Please note that this is just adding your details to the mailing list only. The applications for the next intake will be called September 2021.
The duration of each BSc programme will be 3 years. At each year, the programme is conducted over 2 semesters of 20 weeks. The courses are offered during weekends (Sunday). However, in conducting examinations attendance may be necessary during a few Saturdays.
Programme in a nutshell
A Multidisciplinary Degree Involving
- Comprehensive knowledge in Electronics
- Fundamentals of Physics principles
- Essentials in Mathematics/ Statistics
- Computer Programming
- Knowledge in English Language
BSc in Electronics and Automation Technologies will be completed in three years (90 Credits / SLQF Level 5) and it consists of three levels.
- LEVEL I: Diploma in Electronics and Automation Technologies (30 Credits)
- LEVEL II: Advanced Diploma in Electronics and Automation Technologies (60 Credits)
- LEVEL III: BSc in Electronics and Automation Technologies (90 Credits)
More details and set of courses can be found in the course catalogue.
Mode of Learning
Since Electronics and Computing are practical subjects, the highest priority will be given for providing a thorough practical knowledge to the students. Most of the courses are designed in such a way focussing hands-on sessions. All the courses will be managed through the Learning Management System (EDP_LMS) for enhancing the learning experience. Each student will be allowed to access lecture materials and learning activities maintained on the EDP_LMS. Additional online discussion classes will be held at regular intervals for students to interact with the lecturers.
The theory course modules will be evaluated through written examinations and/or assignments where appropriate. Laboratory course modules will be evaluated by assignments and/or semester-end examinations. In some instances, course units may require a mixed-mode evaluation including continuous assessments.
Level Certificates/ Diploma/ Advanced Diploma and Degree awarding criteria can be found under the Degree-Awarding criteria.
Further information regarding the Programme can be obtained by contacting the programme coordinator
Contact details of the programme coordinator are as follows.
2021 intake Coordinator
2020 intake Coordinator
2019 intake Coordinator
Mr. Kamal Dissanayake
Miss. Sivaranjei Thambipillai
Mr. Amal Apptividana
Mr. Gayan Akmeemana