Advertisement for Consultancy - AHEAD Project Faculty of Science
The University of Colombo will entertain applications from suitably qualified persons for the above post up to 31st January 2020.
Consultant/Consultancy: Design the syllabus and develop 35 modules in English in 3 different levels (basic, intermediate, advanced) covering all aspects of English for the Faculty of Science.
Under the World Bank funded Accelerating Higher Education Expansion and Development (AHEAD) project, the Faculty of Science seeks a consultant/consultancy to design the syllabus and develop 35 modules in English in 3 different levels (basic, intermediate, advanced) covering all aspects of English (reading, writing, listening, speaking and grammar). An undergraduate student who is following the module should be able to follow and understand the concepts on their own. It should consist of exercises, practice questions and assessment to self-evaluate the students.
The selected expert will be required to:
- Design the syllabus of the English modules (3 different levels; basic, intermediate and advanced) to match the requirement of the Faculty of Science.
- Design 35 modules in 3 different levels and provide all material that is required to convert the designed module into a on-line program, test run the programs, and update the programs in timely manner.
- 12 modules covering all aspects (reading, writing, listening, speaking and grammar) of basic academic English.
- 12 modules covering all aspects of intermediate level academic English.
- 11 modules covering all aspects of advanced level academic English.
- Provide examination paper in first year of introduction as the final assessment at the end of developing all the modules.
- After introducing to the students, update the programs that are identified.
The contract will run for 24 months from the date of signing the contract.
- Post graduate qualification in the relevant field.
- At least 10 years working experience in teaching, developing course content in English language teaching.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION
Candidates are invited to submit, an updated CV along with a cover letter/email on the basis of which selected candidates will be interviewed.
Duly completed applications should be forwarded under registered cover to reach,
The Coordinator (Activity 1),
AHEAD Project Office-Faculty of Science,
University of Colombo,
a soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the post applied for on the subject line, on or before 31st January 2020.