Call for Application for the Post of
RESEARCH ASSISTANTS/PROJECT ASSISTANTS
Under AHEAD/RIC Grant
The Atmospheric Physics and Lightning Research Group of the Department of Physics is looking for suitable candidate for the Post of Project Assistant/Research Assistant (PA/RA).
PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Assist the Project Coordinator/Deputy Coordinator in Maintaining and updating the PAT, Preparing/Assisting the procurement of equipment and maintaining documents
- Ability to speak, read and write fluent English, and assist in the production of project reports in English.
- Ability to work with the staff in the OTS and university system
- Ability to work efficiently, and to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and good interpersonal relations.
- Computer literate.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
A Bachelor’s degree in the Physics which is recognized by the UGC
Selected candidate will be paid monthly stipend of Rs. 40,000+12% EPF+3%ETF. PA/RA should contribute 8% of his/her stipend to EPF.
Selected candidate can register for MPhil degree if desired. There will be no additional payment and he/she should bear the cost of registration.
Should submit a Curriculum Vitae with copies of transcript with contact details (Phone & e-mail) to the Office of Department of Physics, University of Colombo on or before 21st January 2019. Originals should be submitted at the interview. Selected candidate should be ready to start work with effect from 1st February 2019.
Head/Physics, University of Colombo