Calling Applications For DoZEN Small Research Grants - 2021
In order to promote a high-quality research culture in the Department of Zoology and Environment Sciences, two small research grants of Rs 50,000/00 each will be granted annually from 2021. The funds can be used for pilot studies, purchase research equipment or supplies or to extend an ongoing research project. This scheme is available only to the permanent academic staff of the Department of Zoology and Environmental Science who holds the post up to Senior Lecturer grade I.
- Award Period: 3 months to 1 year
- Application process: Email duly filled application form (should not exceed two pages) with an updated academic CV to email@example.com on or before January 15, 2021.
- Acceptance: Proposal quality and likely impact as assessed by external reviewers
- Acknowledgment: Grantees are expected to acknowledge the Department of Zoology and Environmental Science in their research outputs (e.g. publications and conference abstracts/papers etc.)
- Reporting: Awardees will be required to submit a final report to the Head of the Department within one year of receiving the grant by following the reporting format downloaded from the Department website.
- An individual holding a Small Grant from the University of Colombo is not eligible to receive the grant.
- An individual is not eligible to receive more than one research grant per annum.
- An individual is not eligible to receive a grant on consecutive years.