Faculty of Science experience leaves lasting memories in all our hearts. Sometimes we are fortunate enough to capture them in frozen frames. Share your artistic captures to earn a position in the feature wall in the ILC building. The theme of the competition is “Captures from the university, life, beauty and uniqueness”.
A photographic competition will be launched on the 21st January 2021, the day the Faculty of Science celebrates 100 years of excellence and call for entries capturing the beauty of the Faculty of Science and student life.
Details and Rules
- Any undergraduate or postgraduate student with an active registration by June 21st 2021 in the faculties of Arts and Science can submit entries
- The photograph must be related to the theme
- Deadline – June 21st, 2021.
- One entry per student
- No restrictions on color or dimensions
- Can use any digital or analog device to capture your photograph
- Submission must be 150 ppi or better in resolution
- Maximum size of the photograph shall be 10 MB
- The format of the photograph should be .jpg or .jpeg with minimum compression
- The contestant must be able to prove the authorship of the photograph if required
- A caption for the photograph must be submitted with the photograph
- Post-processing is acceptable
- Photographs with inappropriate content, captured unethically or illegally will be disqualified.
- The contestant should not mention their identity on the photograph by adding name, logos or copyright marks.
- The contestant must name the photograph (the file name) with the registration number without special characters.
- Upload your photograph to the google form: Submission Form
- Entries failing to adhere to any one of the above criteria shall be disqualified
- Decision of the panel of judges will be the final.
[To be announced]
Special certificate for the most popular photograph
Certificate of participation for all the other participants
Top 10 (3 winners,6 merits, and the most popular ) photographs will be printed and mounted in the ILC building as a permanent exhibit.
Criteria for judging
Photographs will be judged according to the following five criteria
- Expression of Theme
- Selecting the subject
- Overall impression
A panel of professional judges will select the winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd places) and 6 merits. The most popular photograph will be selected from Instagram votes