Academic Mentoring Program of Faculty of Science
In line with the academic Mentoring Program of the University of Colombo, the Faculty of Science has initiated an academic mentoring program targeting the professional development of the new recruits to the academic staff of the Faculty. Under this program, each newly recruited probationary academic staff member (mentee) will have the opportunity to professionally develop through continued communication and guidance of an experienced person (mentor), to reach academic excellence through teaching, learning activities, research, and service to the university and the outside community.
The objective of the program is to promote academic excellence within the young academics of the faculty targeting a quality output at individual, institutional, and societal/ national level. The mentoring committee consists of a Chair, an Advisor, and members from each department for proper and continued implementation of the program within the faculty. Professor Preethi Udagama from Department of Zoology and Environment Science is serving as the advisor and Professor Erandathie Lokupitiya from Department of Zoology and Environment Science is serving as the coordinator of the Academic Mentoring Program. The following members will represent each department within this committee for year 2021.
Prof. Preethi Udagama – Advisor of the AMP
Prof. Erandathie Lokupitiya – Coordinator of the AMP
- Department of Chemistry – Prof K. M. Nalin de Silva
- Department of Mathematics – Dr Romaine Jayawardene
- Department of Nuclear Science – Dr Manuja Lamabadusuriya
- Department of Physics – Dr W.M.K.P Wijayaratna
- Department of Plant Sciences – Prof Tara Silva
- Department of Statistics – Prof C.D Thilakaratne
- Department of Zoology and Environment Sciences – Dr Gayani Galhena