The program’s primary aim and mission is to build capacity and transform talented youth to be individuals equipped with skills and knowledge to be competitive and seize the endless opportunities offered by a thriving global electronics industry. With a proud history of over 70 years and with a tradition of nurturing the finest intellects, the Department of Physics, University of Colombo with its modern facilities and academic expertise will assure you an intellectual journey beyond excellence.
B.Sc. in electronics and automation technologies is a fast track program designed to be completed within 3 years with two semesters per year. The program is ideal for individuals already working in electronics and automation related industries or for individuals who wish to seek an enterprising career in electronics and automation either locally or internationally.
We believe in creating high quality graduates with practical knowledge and experience who are highly employable and infused with confidence to become industry leaders able to cope up with the challenges in the 21st century.
Main objective of B.Sc. in Electronics and Automation Technologies degree program is providing key analytical and technical competencies through the study of essential physics and mathematics with more emphasis on the engineering aspects of electronics and computing.
The specific objectives of the degree program are:
- To provide students with knowledge on fundamentals of Physics and related concepts in Mathematics.
- To provide students with a comprehensive knowledge in electronics with a special emphasis on Semiconductor Device Physics.
- To provide students with a comprehensive laboratory training on electronic circuit design and construction.
- To train students to apply concepts in electronics and automation to solve practical real world problems.
- Individuals already working in industries, related to electronics and automation technologies.
- Individuals who wish to seek a career in industries related to electronics and automation technologies.
|Level I||Level II||Level III|
|Library Fees (VCUC-CC)||1000||1000||1000|
* All amounts above are in Sri Lankan Rupees (LKR)