- Dr G A U Jayasekera
- L R S Dayabandara
- Dharshana Kottahewa
- Manisha Gunasekara
- Transgenic technology – Development of transgenic rice via Agrobacterium tumefaciens mediated transformation.
- Proteomics – Using SDS PAGE, 2 D PAGE and MALDI_ TOF spectrometry.
- Development of Insect Resistance in Sri Lankan Rice varieties by introducing BT(Cry) genes.
Research links and collaborations
- Rice Research and Development Institute (RRDI), Bathalegoda Ibbagamuwa
- Department of Physics, University of Colombo.
- Genetech, Colombo
- Establishment of National Biotechnology Education and Information Center (NBEIC) in the Department of Plant Sciences in collaboration with Michigan State University, USA and International Service for the Acquisition of Agro biotech Application (ISAAA).
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Council for Agricultural Research Policy.