Activities and Events
Annual Planning Workshop 2021
The Faculty of Science successfully conducted its 2nd Annual Planning Workshop on March 26, 2020 at the Auditorium of the Information Learning Centre, Faculty of Science. The main objective of the workshop was to develop a 3-year Action Plan based on 8 key areas including Undergraduate/ Postgraduate/ Distance Learning/ Research & Innovation/ IT Resources & Quality Assurance aspects. The Coordinators of the 8 key areas were presented the past achievements & the future expectations regarding the each key area.
- Development of IT courses and IT resources – Dr. Hiran Jayaweera
- Undergraduate Degree Programmes – Prof. Tara de Silva
- MSc Programmes – Prof. Mayuri Wijesinghe
- Development of External Degree Programmes – Dr. WA Monika Madavi
- MPhil/PhD Degree Programmes – Prof. Chandrika Nanayakkara
- Research and Innovation – Prof. Preethi Udagama
- Science/Mathematics Education – Dr. Siyath Gunawardane
- Quality Assurance work – Prof. Sanjeewa Perera
The workshop was well attended by the Faculty members and many vital strategies and implementation plans with regard to the development the Faculty were identified at this event. Certificate awarding ceremony of the Faculty Awards (2019) for Research Excellence and Academic Outreach Excellence was also held at this event, which was graced by Senior Professor Chandrika N Wijeyaratne, the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Colombo.
Find more photographs from the FOS Media Facebook Page, Click Here
Annual Planning Workshop 2020
Annual Planning Workshop-Faculty of Science held on 29/02/2020 from 8.30 am to 4 pm at the Hector Kobbekaduwa Agrarian Research and Training Institute (HARTI) as decided at the Quality Assurance (QA) Cell, meeting of the Heads of the Departments and the Faculty Board. The workshop was attended by 72 members of the Faculty. Going by the agenda of the workshop Dean of the Faculty of Science ,Heads of the Departments, Director of Undergraduate Studies, Director of Postgraduate studies , DR of the Faculty of Science ,SAB of the Faculty of Science , Chairperson of the QA Cell ,Co-Director of the CGU delivered presentations.
Based on the presentations delivered and the discussions that took place, deficiencies of academic,administrative and infrastructure fields of the faculty and possible solutions were identified. Certificate awarding ceremony of the Faculty Awards (2018) for Research Excellence and Academic Outreach Excellence was also held at this event, which was graced by Senior Professor Chandrika N Wijeyaratne, the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Colombo.
Awareness Programme on SDG 2022
Background to the SDGs
- Development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
- A collective effort towards building an inclusive, sustainable and resilient future for people and the planet.
- United Nations Sustainable Development Summit (2015) – 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Pledged to achieve a set of goals by 2030 with the broad aim to,(end extreme poverty, reduce inequality, protect the planet)