Details on Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities of the QA Cell committee
- To promote quality enhancement activities within the Faculty liaising with Curriculum Development and Evaluation Committee (CDEC) and other Faculty committees and Departments.
- To liaise with the Internal Quality Assurance Unit (IQAU) of the University of Colombo in facilitating the conduct of Institutional Review and Programme Review in the Faculty.
- To prepare documents necessary for Institutional and Programme Reviews.
- To facilitate implementation of follow-up actions recommended in Institution / programme / Subject Review reports and monitor progress in their implementation.
- To liaise with Faculty QA Cells in other Faculties / Institutes / Campus within the University of Colombo, to share good practices and enhance the quality of Higher Education in Sri Lanka.
- To collate and analyze Faculty QA data such as peer review forms and student feedback forms.
- To collate and analyze data related to Graduate Employability and Stakeholder inputs.
- To devise and suggest additional QA measures or changes to the existing measures, based on the data collected on various QA indicators such as peer feedback student evaluation reports and external reviews.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Chairperson of the Faculty QA Cell
- Liaise with the Director, Internal Quality Assurance Unit of the University to coordinate university level Quality Assurance (QA) activities.
- Represent the Faculty / Institute in all QA related activities.
- Organize Faculty / Institute level QA meetings.
- Suggest names of members to the Dean, to be appointed as domain coordinators or members for each criterion in the Quality Assurance Manuals of the UGC.
- Provide guidance to the domain coordinators and prepare the Faculty level Internal QA report with the support of the QA cell members.
- Liaise with professional quality assurance and accreditation bodies on matters pertaining to QA and accreditation, if required.
- Monitor the collation and analysis of Faculty level internal QA data such as peer review forms and student feedback forms.
- Work with other related committees and units within the faculty on matters related to QA.
- Answer and address issues related to QA raised by the faculty members in general and by the QA domain coordinators in particular.
- Report the activities of the Faculty QA Cell to the Faculty Board and IQAU regularly.
- Assist Director / IQAU, Dean and the Vice Chancellor during IR / PR activities.