This service operates on concessionary basis and priority is given for the library materials.
Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) will allow you to search for material available in the Science Library. We use Alice for Windows software to maintain our OPAC.
Inter Library Loan Service
Inter Library Loans allows to borrow and lend books from other libraries on mutual co-operation. Academics and research workers from other university libraries are given the ILL facilities on request. Inter-Library Loan code for Sri Lanka University Libraries accepted by the UGC/SCOLIS is followed for maintaining the uniformity of the process.
Please download and complete the ILL Form and forward the completed form to “email@example.com".
Readers are kindly requested to submit cloaks, coats, umbrellas, all printed materials other than library books, files, folders etc. to the cloak room counter and obtain a ticket to reclaim the possessions back. No articles of any value should be kept at the cloakroom. The library holds no responsibility for any losses.
Laptop Lending Service
University of Colombo Science Library is pleased to offer laptop computers equipped with wireless access to students for use in the Library only. These laptops are configured to provide you with the same functionality as the other networked Library computers, thus you may search the Internet, type your papers and print documents. The following policies govern the use of laptops, please read carefully:
- Laptops can be checked out only by currently enrolled University of Colombo students by presenting a valid University ID card and by signing the laptop lending book at the E-Recourse Center. Library laptops are intended for university-related use.
- Laptops are to be used in the Library only for a maximum of 4 consecutive hours at a time. All laptops should be returned to the E-Resource Center one hour before closing time to provide the Library staff time to check the condition of the equipment and to charge the batteries. Laptop check-out will stop Two hour before the Library closes.
- Laptops are available on a first come, first served basis. Users cannot reserve a laptop.
- Laptops should not be left unattended.
- Users must return the laptops to the E-Resource Center with hand-off to a staff member prior to leaving the Library; Laptops are not be left on any unattended counter and are considered the responsibility of the student until a staff member signs them returned.