About the Center for Data Science
To be the center of excellence in research and development in Data Science in Sri Lanka.
Facilitate research and development in Data Science in Sri Lanka through collaborations with local and international expertise both from academia and industry.
The center strives to achieve the following objectives:
- To conduct collaborative research in the field of Data Science in collaboration with local and international academics and industry experts and to facilitate and promote postgraduate and undergraduate level research activities related to Data Science.
- To disseminate knowledge in Data Science through workshops, seminars and conferences and by conducting training programs on global certifications and career development.
- To facilitate and promote partnerships with local and international industry through consultancy projects providing them with technical expertise while enhancing skills of the students and academics in the application of Data Science techniques in the real world.
Our Research Team
The research team of the Center for Data Science includes academics of the University of Colombo and foreign collaborators including:
- Dr. Dhammika Amaratunga – Consultant, Retired Senior Director and Janssen Research Fellow in Statistics at Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development Unit.
- Dr. Liwan Liyange – Senior Lecturer in Mathematics and Statistics at Department of Mathematics, University of Western Sydney, Australia.
- Dr. Kevin Seneviratne – Consultant, Senior Database Administrator and Consultant Data Services Group, Coles Supermarkets, Australia.
- Dr. Ruvan Weerasinghe – Senior Lecturer at University of Colombo School of Computing.
- Academic staff of the Department of Statistics, University of Colombo.